Netgalley

Professional Reader

Friday, June 3, 2011

Wednesday Evening...

at around 8pm I slipped on my bathroom floor during a fish tank cleaning project.  I had one more bucket of water to add to the tank and when leaving the bathroom I slipped on some water and fell on tail bone and back.  I can not begin to describe the pain I was in or how scared I was once the burning and tingling started to occur in my right leg.  I was not able to get up and so 911 was called.  Matt, Mason, and Kate were all present and my friends Trudy and Melanie came to help out.  I won't give you all the details, but after some time getting me stabilized I was taken by stretcher out of house and took ambulance ride to UIHC ER.  I had x-ray of spine/chest and luckily no breaks or fractures occurred.   As of now I've been diagnosed with a bad sprain of back and the muscle pain/spasms are thought to be related to swelling I incurred from trauma. 

Of course I'm the most impatient person I know so laying around all day is driving me nuts, other than being able to read of course.  I'm taking muscle relaxant medication and pain medication and able to sleep with both on board.  I'm nervous about what the continued discomfort, especially burning sensation from back down right leg means, but have a follow-up with my pcp on Monday. Of course those of you who know me know I'm a planner and so this injury has me worried what it means for my marathon, our upcoming trip to Disney the kids don't know about, and basically my everyday living.   I'm pretty much in bed or in the recliner with ice, fluids and my meds. I'm hitting 48 hours out and so am more angry/frustrated today than anything with this whole situation.  Thanks to all of our friends who have called, visited and helped with the kids.  Even though we don't have family in Iowa, we really do and they are all of you.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment