Netgalley

Professional Reader

Friday, October 28, 2011

Mommy's Project 52: bathing

I am going to kind of cheat and even though the following isn't exactly a bath story it is a "shower bath story".  I love sitting on the bath tub floor and letting the hot (I mean HOT) water hit my body.  I have always loved "shower baths".  I remember being little, really little and being a morning person as a child and after my dad would get in the shower, every morning getting ready for work, I would come into the bathroom and lay a towel down and lay on the floor between the toilet and the bath tub and put my ear up to the bathtub base and listen to the sound of the falling water. This sound would almost soothe me back to sleep.  I would sneak out before my dad finished his shower.  He, like me, is known for being a long showerer.  My mom jokingly says that he sleeps in the shower.

My parents no longer live in my childhood home, not that I could fit between the toilet and bathtub as a grown adult.  I still love that sound of running/shower water.  In fact I love the sound of rain/thunderstorms etc too.   I function much better with a shower to start my day in the morning and I sleep much better with a shower before bed time: hence, a good day is a 2 shower day.  I'm definitely not being "green" by my shower/bath routine, but it is one of those little things in my life that makes me happy. 

My kids still love baths, but also enjoy showers.  My son doesn't seem to appreciate the lengthy shower or bath where as my daughter loves to be in the warm water.  We may have to fight over the HOT water as she gets older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment