Netgalley

Professional Reader

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2017 Year of Books Review

2017 was a busy, full year of reading.  Below are the covers of the books I read and here is a quick recap of those books that I liked the most, liked the least, and those that impacted me the most.  I'm ready for some big reading goals in 2018. My goal is 100.  I know, right, 100 books.  That would be my biggest year of reading yet.  

This year my goal was 70 and I ended up reading 80.  I listened to 21 audibooks.  I read several YA books.  I also read several nonfiction books (this is a big change from just a couple of years ago when I wouldn't even look at the nonfiction shelves).  I continue to be intrigued by historical fiction, especially WWII.  My "to be read" list is out of control, which is not a new thing.  Part of my goal in reading 100 books in 2018 is to really work on reading books I have in my library on the over flowing TBR shelf.  I am really excited about the upcoming year.  Let me know what your goals are, and also happy to hear any recommendations for my upcoming 2018 reads or comments about the books I read this past year.  Happy New Year to all those who love reading and want it to be a greater part of their life in 2018.  

Best Book of 2017- was almost my favorite book club read for 2017: All the Ugly and Wonderful things by Bryn Greenwood
Favorite Nonfiction- The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap by Wendy Welch
Favorite Nonfiction Audiobook- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Favorite Fiction Audiobook- it was a tie between Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell and Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum 
Favorite Children's Book- Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
My least favorite book of 2017- The Hidden Letters of Velta B by Gina Ochsner




















No comments:

Post a Comment