Netgalley

Professional Reader

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Love Changes Everything... Book Review

Love Changes Everything: Finding What's Real in a World Full of Fake
Love Changes Everything: Finding What's Real in World Full of Fake 
by Micah Berteau
2 stars.  Thank you to Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for sending me this book to review.  

I believe in honesty when reviewing books and I also strongly believe not every book "speaks" to every reader.  This book was disappointing to me.  I really have been struggling since 2016 with understanding the ways of the world and the fear and hatred that we read, see and watch every day.  I try to stay positive and am always searching for answers- I was hoping the title of the book was going to address my question on where to go, what to do, and how to navigate a hatred filled world.  I was hoping the answer was going to be Love.  I think the answer is Love and I believe Micah tried to give his own view on this subject, but I really struggled to understand and follow the outline of this book.  The biblical story of Hosea and Gomer is used as an example to portray different types of love and how love works in this hard world, but the tangents I just couldn't follow.  

Just not a chattynatty read.  I'm sure one day when I write a book and publish it readers will feel the very same way about my book.  No hurt feelings Micah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment