Netgalley

Professional Reader

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Active Defense

 

Active Defense (#3 Danger Never Sleeps Series)

By Lynette Eason

Thank you to Revell, a division of Baker Publishing group, for sending me this book to read/review. 

This was my first book to read by author Lynette Eason. This is the third in the Danger Never Sleeps series. So first off you definitely can read this book without reading the other two in the series. It stands on its own and I found the mystery realistic and enjoyable. I have always enjoyed mysteries as I like trying to figure out “who dun it”. This mystery’s protagonist is Heather Fontaine- army surgeon who saves people’s lives, but unfortunately not all of them. 

Heather has a lot of baggage from her childhood onward. This makes her persona even more believable and likeable. She has returned to the states after a tour in Afghanistan. While abroad she experience some major stress and is dealing with some post trauma from her stent in active duty. Not wanting to give up too much I’ll just say her time in Afghanistan follows her back stateside. 

I highly recommend this quick read. 4 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment