Netgalley

Professional Reader

Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Minimalist Home

The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker
The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker

This is a pretty thorough, yet quick, view of how to work through your home in cleaning, sorting, and getting rid of the clutter. I thought it gave a good overview of how to go about the process in a step by step process via specific rooms in the house and even moved to garage and yard tidying. I liked the personal stories and would have liked more from the author on his own personal story of becoming a minimalist. I think this book makes it seem less overwhelming to dive into working on becoming a minimalist home. 

At times the writing seemed dry to me and again the personal perspective would have added some "feeling" to the writing. I thought one of the best parts of the book was the last two chapters "A Small Suggestion" and "This Changes Everything". I also thought the Minimalist Maintenance Guide was a great reminder of how not to fall back into the trap of clutter, buying too much, and thinking your wants are needs. 

Throughout the book there were some great lines. Here are a few that struck me.

pg 17- "Learn how to keep only those things that have a purpose that aligns with your life purpose." 

pg 30- "Never organize what you can discard."

pg 168 - " Today is the day to rid yourself of anything that distracts from your best life."

Thanks to @WaterBrookMultnomah #Partner for sending me this book to read and review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment