Netgalley

Professional Reader

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Yikes- big time starts Monday

Crazy to think in 16 weeks I will be participating in half-ironman. 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run.
The last part of this past week I did a lot. Swam quick 850 yds with kids Thursday night, Friday ran 5 miles in morning, later rode to wellness center (8.5 miles) and swam 1500 yds, then biked home (7.4 miles). Saturday biked 26 miles (my longest bike to date), and then ran 7 miles this morning.

This all is great and a great base, but a little eye opening for where I need to get. Last week I ran 15 miles, biked 42 ish and swam 2350 yds. I did this over 7 days- when I do my race in August I'll be adding some miles to the bike and just subtract a few from swim and run and doing it all within one day. This amazes me and of course overwhelms me. But I will take it day by day and I've found I will need to focus on the bike- my 26 miles took me 2hrs and 5 min. I will need to go faster to not be on the bike all day at Pigman 70.3. I will have to continue on bettering my time and distance/endurance in pool and of course keep a good strong running base (not to mention figure out how to wear a wetsuit and swim in open water, figure out "transitions", fuel properly and better, and fit in some weights/strength training so I don't get injured).

Oh did I forget all my normal "to-do's"- nope. I will figure it out and let you know how I do it. Pray for me- no I'm not kidding. If you believe in any higher being ask for safety/protection for little old chatty natty and this new adventure -70.3.

-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment