Netgalley

Professional Reader

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Daisy Jones and The Six

Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
This book is so good and has really stayed with me days after I finished it, so I had to post something before the May re-cap. 

I first heard of Taylor Jenkins Reid last year when the Bookies read her Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. It was great bookclub read. Lots of interesting characters, story line and great book discussion. So when I heard she had a new book out I was excited. 

The cover alone is fascinating. One of the Bookies let me borrow it and I had some other books that needed to be reviewed prior to this one so it sat on my nightstand too long. Finally opened it up a few weeks ago. I was hooked almost immediately by her writing style. It reads like a long Rolling Stone band interview. The style of writing, I believe, adds to the ease/quick flow of the story. 

The character development is spot on. The way in which she interweaves multiple story lines is so clean. I feel like I was standing in the recording studio with this band, just along for the ride. The story and the band and the songs the band produced were so real to me I googled names of songs, and the band  because I thought the book maybe was historical fiction.  

Although the two main characters, Billy and Daisy, take the lead I highly enjoyed the other band members and staff story lines. I don’t want to say a whole lot more as I think reading this book with a non-biased eye made it the most authentic reading experience.  Following finishing the book I did discuss with the Bookie what I thought. She gave me some back story that really gave me a new perspective of Daisy Jones and The Six. However, I’m so glad I didn’t know this info prior to reading. I wouldn’t have appreciated the story as much. 

So this book is great, 4 stars, and I will continue to seek out Taylor Jenkins Reid’s books in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment