Netgalley

Professional Reader

Friday, January 10, 2020

2019 Year in Reading Review

I read 90 books (goodreads says only 89, but for some reason my review and rating of Edward Rutherford's "Paris" didn't get added to this year's count).  Approximately 29,209 pages with the longest book being 897 pages and the shortest book being 40 pages.  5 star reads from this past year- 13.  Here are my top picks from this past year's reading experience.

The Girl He Used to Know  Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed The Huntress The Gown: A Novel of the Royal Wedding
Verity The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek 
Ok so I lied, here are my top 6.  My best reading month was June- I read so many great picks from Anne Bogel's Modern Mrs. Darcy Summer Reading list.  I had a goal of reading longer books this year and focusing on more quality and not just quantity.  Despite reading a handful of books that were longer (500+ pages) I still managed to get a lot of reading done this past year.  Audiobooks are one way I get more "reading" in my life.  When I'm walking/working out, when I'm driving into work, or on road trips I get some great reading in that way too.  Here are some of my favorite audiobooks from this past year.  If you haven't given audio a try I'd highly recommend it.  I first started with nonfiction/memoir/biography, but I have moved to fiction too.

I Miss You When I Blink: Essays Paris My Favorite Half-Night Stand Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again Beach Music Bury Your Dead (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #6)
Lastly, one of my favorite "reading" memories from this past year is being on What Should I Read Next's podcast hosted by Anne Bogel.  I was on episode 173 (https://modernmrsdarcy.com/173-episode/).  It was such a surreal experience.  I so enjoyed talking books with Anne and so appreciate her recommending some books to sink my time and teeth into.    The added bonus of being on this podcast are the added reading friends I have met via social media/internet world.  We now communicate via Instagram and get to share our love of books and recommendations.  One reading friend was even so kind to send me a little reading snail mail gift- so sweet!  Following that episode  I was then called back to be a part of Anne's 200th episode (https://modernmrsdarcy.com/200-episode/).  So thankful and grateful to be included in this "reading experience".  2019 was a great year of reading.  I'm excited to see what 2020 has in store for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment