Netgalley

Professional Reader

Sunday, December 15, 2013

November Reads

This is even later than my running post for November.  I think with the move I just told my self that I had to "focus" on the task at hand and couldn't do my multi- project/ideas/thinking while moving.  So now it is mid December and I'm finally getting around to writing about what I read in November- again no particular order.

"Maisie Dobbs" by Jacqueline Winspear  This was the book club book and I thought it was O.K.  It was suppose to be a mystery, but I didn't feel like the mystery started until the last 1/4 of the book.  The first part read more like a novel and I enjoyed it, but I kept on thinking "when is this mystery going to start".  Some of the bookies liked it so much they went on to read others in this series- don't know that I will be traveling that path.

"How the Light Gets In"- 9th of the Inspector Armand Gamache books by Louise Penny.  I love these books, so much, that I really get sad when they end.  The mysteries are great, characters are real, and the relationships believable.  Read the first and keep on going in the series- you won't regret it. 

"Just Grace" by Charise Harper.  I've been trying to read some beginner chapter books with son and daughter (daughter wants to learn to read so badly like her big brother).  We picked this one because the 2nd Ivy and Bean was out. It was good and funny and enjoyable.  It is a series and we already have picked up the next one. 
"Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go" by Annie Barrows.  This is the 2nd one and it was great.  Kids and I really enjoyed reading it.  Looking forward to the series.  It has been good book for my kids- two different ages/grades. 

So keeping it short- I need to get reading my current book.  It is a good one, but I'm kind of stalling because the plight of the protagonist is going in the wrong direction and I'm kind of scared to find out what is going to happen to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment