Netgalley

Professional Reader

Monday, August 25, 2014

So now what?

I actually wrote this post last Friday, but just getting it down via typing/computer today. 

I went to the gym today with my friend.  Kids are back in school and so I can start back up with my Friday morning routine of meeting my friend at the gym and working out after I drop the kids at school.  My right knee and foot were bothering and had been bothering the past 2 days so I figured I needed to "listen" to my body and give myself a break.  I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes at slow pace and then called it good.

When we were done with the workout and heading to the showers she asked whether I had a swim or another workout that day to fit in.  I told her "no" (like she was crazy), that I was taking a break.  I reminded her that my race was over and I normally take a week off following a race.  She asked what my plans were in the future.  I told her I'd get back into some runs next week- 3 milers or so- but nothing forced.

It is strange how I can turn it on and off so quickly.  One week I'm working out 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day and the next no scheduled workout routine, mind you any workouts at all.  I've let myself go this week.  Staying up late several nights reading, watching movies, and enjoying some "Natalie pours" of vino.  The mornings have come to early, despite sleeping in and not getting up for 5:30 runs or swims or bikes.  It is a reminder why I can't "live it up" on weekly basis. 

So I'll enjoy the week and the weekend with no long runs or scheduled workouts and regroup, refocus, and start my next adventure.  Still living on "cloud nine" and not yet come down from last weekend's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment