Netgalley

Professional Reader

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh so humbling

So day 2 of running and not the best run of my life. I haven't intentionally stopped running in any race since after my first marathon. I had to stop running today due to a side pain 1.5 miles into my little over 5 mile run today. It was humbling. Between the heat and my deconditioned state it just was defeating to have to walk. However, still no real pain/discomfort. So I tread on. As my one friend recently responded to last post "life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it". So I guess I better get doing.

I love those kind of responses from friends because they get me refocused and back on track- no pun intended. So onward to some Internet searching for 12 week training schedules so I can RUN Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment