Netgalley

Professional Reader

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Marathon

I will never run Boston.  Not because of what happened yesterday or because I dislike Boston.  I am not fast enough. I jokingly say that if I keep running maybe they will let me in when I'm 70.  However, being able to dream about one day running Boston is one of my dreams.  It is still one of my dreams despite the horror that occurred at this totally human event of performance, grit, sweat, and pain.  I can't imagine what the runners from yesterday's Boston Marathon experienced or are continuing to experience. 

I'm leaving today for a conference and at the airport as I was going through security there was a man being interviewed by a local news station about his experience after running Boston yesterday.  There are so many stories out there.  It is like I just can't read enough about what the runners experienced.  Some finished, some almost finished, but were stopped at mile 25.5 due to the finish line being closed, and of course the spectators and those who lost life, limb, were injured- I just can't seem to wrap my brain around this. 

All we can do is persevere, we can live life to the fullest, we can pray, and we can run! 


No comments:

Post a Comment