Netgalley

Professional Reader

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week Four

Back to reality.  Back to work this week, despite weight bearing on one leg.  It went pretty good.  I wasn't too horribly tired on Monday, but by Tuesday I was tired.  I had stayed up too late on Monday night and so paid for it Tuesday.  However, by Wednesday night, when with Bookies at book club I was fine.  I was reinvigorated.  I was then ready to tackle the rest of the week.

Physical therapy on Friday went well.  I was "pumped" to have been able to ride the stationary bike for 10 minutes- 0.5 miles.  Following PT I caught up with a friend and someone who's fully supported my triathlon endeavors.  It was good to catch up with her and just like time with the Bookies I was again empowered and re energized.  Later that day I went to my kid's elementary school and watched their Halloween Parade.  I looked ridiculous- sitting on my camp chair, but I was there and that's what mattered to them.  Following the parade my kids wanted to stay for after school party so I was chauffeured home by my good friend.  We stopped at her house and hung out for an hour before I had to go home.  It was so good to chat and be out of the house.  I had two great "friend chats" in one day.  These type of outings are what keeps me happy during this whole recovery process.  I'm very lucky to have such great people in my life.  My one friend then sent me a card with this great magnet- here's the saying. 

I don't know that I'm a butterfly, but I like to think that through my metamorphosis period with this recovery I will become surprised with the end point picture of who I am after all this.
 
Despite my "couch sitting" activity daily I'm also trying to stay motivated so have started another type of "training".  November is National Novel Writing Month.  If you decide to be apart of it your goal by the end of the month is to write 50,000 words in the month and have a first draft of a novel to show for it.  It is a very lofty goal, but I started today and did pretty good.  Goal is around 1,600 words/day and today my word count was 2,500.  Writing is something that makes me feel happy whether or not I'm very good at it does not matter to me at this time.  Along with the writing a lot in the month they also throw out the challenge to read a book a week.  I of course love any reason to read a lot so will hopefully read my four books by the end of November.  Soon to come is my October reads post.  It was a good month of reading.

I've never really been one to use word count, but comes in handy for NaNoWriMo.
 
Well have to go and fold laundry- woop, woop- lead such an exciting life, especially on a Saturday night.  Looking forward to an extra hour to read tonight :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment