Netgalley

Professional Reader

Monday, October 21, 2019

Living Lies


Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1)
Living Lies by Natalie Walters
4 stars.  Thanks to Revell for sending me this book to review.  I apologize to Revell, a division of Baker Publishing, that this review is coming in SOOOOO Late!  I found this book at the bottom of my physical "to be read" pile on my nightstand.  I think a sign I definitely have too many books to read- a good problem I realize- but I do apologize for this book review delay. No idea when it was due.  

This is a murder mystery that is perfect for October reads.  Lane, the main character, has come back to her hometown after losing her husband. She is a single mom and trying to take care of herself, her son Noah, and figure out how to combat her own demons and personal baggage.  I liked how the author withheld details of how Lane's husband died until the end.    Lane is not the only one new to town.  Charlie, new deputy in the police department, is helping run the missing person case with his uncle Sheriff Huggins. He too has his own demons and baggage.  He has left the marines and again the author does a great job leaving you hanging to find out the back story of why he left the marines.  The missing person is actually a body that has been found in the woods by Lane.  That is how Lane and Charlie meet. Of course a nice addition to the story is the relationship that is created between Lane and Charlie through the investigation.  I enjoyed that side story of this book. 

I found the book to be enjoyable and easy reading.  A little abrupt closure to the story, but alas sometimes it is tough to wrap up a story easily.    

No comments:

Post a Comment