Netgalley

Professional Reader

Friday, October 25, 2019

The Art of Top Performance Review

Top Performance: How to Develop Excellence in Yourself and Others
Top Performance: How To Develop Excellence In Yourself and Others
by Zig Ziglar

I have a Zig Ziglar quote hanging up in my office area at home. I find some of his ideas full of truth and very motivating. This book fell short for me. It fell so short for me that I read 100 pages and couldn't go any further. I was not engaged in the "story telling" in the book. I found the book to have a somewhat heavy "male" voice- very patriarchal. The part of the chapters that most spoke to me were at the end- The Performance Principles. These were accurate and spot on in regard to leadership and actual life skills. For instance, the chapter "Choosing to Be a Top Performer" the performance principles read (pg 35-36):1. Regardless of your past, tomorrow is a clean slate.2. Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.3. Don't waste time placing blame; fix the cause!4. The choices you make today will determine what you will be, do, and have in the tomorrows of your life.5. Top Performers learn to make the proper choices.6. Top Performers know that when they continuously add new concepts and ideas into their minds, they are burying some of the archaic ideas already in place.Great points and life lessons right here in these 6. The words in between these principles just didn't do anything for me.
Two Stars. This book was sent to review by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment