Netgalley

Professional Reader

Friday, June 21, 2013

Three movies in one week!

I'm finally getting my posts for this week done all in one morning :). 

As you now know husband and I were without kids this week.  For some reason I decided to take advantage of this week's "freeness" and watch some movies.  All are very different and really have nothing in common.  I thought I was going to get all this reading done this week, but I decided to spend time with husband and enjoy some cinema.  So here in no particular order is a recap of the movies I watched and my reviews. 
 
I read this book several years ago and then read the rest of the series.  My favorite book was probably this first one.  I had heard that the Swedish movie version was very graphic and the American version was more tame.  I don't think I'd call it tame, but it was pretty true to the book.  I really like Daniel Craig.  He's my kind of leading man!  I got over the graphic scenes and really enjoyed the movie.
 
 
I then watched Australia.  This movie came out in 2008.  It wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be because it was like a modern day musical.  Baz Luhrmann, who directed Moulin Rouge, also directed this one so the intertwining of musical songs into this WWII love story was interesting, but enjoyable.  I also was unaware of the discriminating that took place up until 1973 with aboriginal people.  If you enjoy historical fiction and music this one is for you.  Another good watch.
 


 
 
Last night I finished off my movie watching week by enjoying this hilarious parody of 80's Rock Bands and music.  Husband didn't like it- it was almost like a Rock Opera- singing from the get go and very little talking until the mid/end of the movie.  The characters were great and I was singing along with the 80's Rock songs by the end of the movie.  I'm definitely interested in getting this Soundtrack.  Awesome- total ChattyNatty- movie.  Watch it if you are a child of the 80's. 
 
That is it- Whew- lots of hours watching the "boob tube", but worth it with three good nights of movie watching.  Now back to the real world.  



No comments:

Post a Comment