Netgalley

Professional Reader

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I've been sucked into...

watching True Tori on Lifetime today.  I'm almost 3 weeks post surgery and I've become a little bit of a TV junkie (well at least for me).  I've found a love for Viola Davis and "How To Get Away with Murder".  "Forever" is another one I've really enjoyed too.  However, today I went full on "junkie" and got hooked into True Tori (yep Tori Spelling).  I just can't tear myself away.  I like Tori, but I don't trust her husband at ALL. 

OK so what does my junkie TV watching have to do with anything.  Nothing really.  I feel bad I wasted my afternoon.  Not so bad that I didn't turn the TV off. Kind of like the candy I ate today.  I felt bad about it, but I didn't stop.   I'm relying on my family to come home and snap me out of it.  My husband forbid me from unloading dishwasher, which is truly harder to do on one leg, than two, and he would make dinner. I had a lot of free time on my hands today.

So what did I do- well I went to PT this morning and really liked it.  We all could use a PT in our life or trainer that makes us do all the exercises.  I'm doing the exercises, don't get me wrong, but when you are in a gym I just get more motivated then in the comforts of my own home.  I really liked today because I got to ride the stationary bike- well "ride" is a little strong- how about make full circles with my legs, mainly using my left, but at least the right was doing the full circle.  I asked about riding the trainer we have in our basement (stationary back wheel you put your road bike on).  He wants me to hold off on that for right now, but it felt so good to be doing something besides static stretches/movements. 

When riding to PT today, with my chauffer/hubby, I said "I just really wish I could run".  Seeing the beautiful fall colors, and feeling the cool temps, and the sun shining really makes me miss running.  I know I will get back there, I really do.  I've been trying to fill this "running need" with my reading and writing, but like anything you have to do the work and if you don't do the work you don't meet the goal. My reading and writing have slowed down and I don't feel that productive.   I also have all this extra time on my hands to analyze my parenting skills ( I know don't get me started on that one).  OK so what do I do besides "walk away from Tori". Actually 30 more minutes until family gets home so maybe one more episode of "True Tori", but I'll get off the couch and do my arm exercises and ab crunches.  That is halfway productive right?  Well I'll keep on trying to be the best chattynatty I can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment