Netgalley

Professional Reader

Friday, November 2, 2012

Blog updates and some things I've found...

while sitting with my mom, sister and dad over the past couple of days. 

I've been at home with my mom and dad since Wednesday in prep for my dad's hip replacement that took place yesterday.  He is doing great and I'm totally impressed with how fast you come back after getting your hip replaced.  So since I've been spending a lot of time sitting I'm catching up on one of my favorite past times: blog reading.  I know so many of you are just as busy as I am and keeping up with all those blogs/posts can be well- unreasonable- so to save you some time here are some great posts I've read over the past two days:

http://anothermotherrunner.com/2012/11/01/runningdepression/ This one is so insightful.  Gives you a picture of what running can do for one person, but really for so many of us.  Awesome story.

Remember back this summer when I went to that running store in my home town and ran with that girl who was running across America BAREFOOT well here is her most recent post : http://raesrunacrossamerica.tumblr.com/ .  I'm amazed that she only has 18 days left.  Super impressed and she is so right that it is so much more mental than physical.  Maybe she'll write a book about her adventure.

Plant Springs Bulbs Now http://maryannscountrygarden.blogspot.com/ This post written by my friend Skeeter's (nickname- not her real name- she reminds me of Skeeter from "The Help") sister.  She has a great garden blog, but has a lot more than just gardening in it- check it out if you like to read well written posts. 

Book Marks by Kim Baker http://nerdybookclub.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/book-marks-by-kim-baker/  This is a great post reminding me that I'm not the only weirdo out there who gets all teary eyed or loves to walk down memory lane when thinking back to all those books from childhood.  It makes me all warm/fuzzy inside to think of those great "book memories".  Plus you have to click on this post just to see the picture of Kim as a child in her library- the shag carpeting is like a flashback from my own childhood. 

Well that's all for now.  Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog! I enjoy yours too, especially the entries about reading. Thank you, "Skeeter's sister" Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete