Netgalley

Professional Reader

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The mother of them all...

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

My next book I'm opening is one I've wanted to read for awhile, but have been intimidated by this work. It is known as one of the world's greatest novels. The one I picked up is the translation by Richard Peaver and Larissa Volohonsky.

I'm intimidated by the size (817 pages), the fact that it is a translation, and lastly because it is known as one of the world's greatest novels. My track history with books that are hyped up or known as literary masterpieces isn't good. I normally don't get why it is so hyped or I can't follow the plot line or just think it is too slow.

So I figure if I post that I'm going to read this novel I will then be held to finishing it, or at least getting as far as I did with "John Adams"- 300 or so pages. I'll let you know how it goes. Happy thanksgiving break reading!

By the way the one pic is me holding the book between my thighs. Suppose to give you perspective for how big book is because it could ewual half of one of my "gymnast thighs" :).

-----

Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment