Netgalley

Professional Reader

Monday, December 10, 2012

What is a blog for?

For some of us it is like our own diary/journal.  My hubby says he won't read my blog because he feels like he is reading my diary.  I think of my blog as a way to be creative, practice my writing, and put down my thoughts, dreams, and conundrums.

I'm pretty fried right now and this isn't the normal happy- running or reading focused post- this post is about LOSS.  I lost a friend this past weekend.  She was one of the strongest, most independent, funny women I've ever come across.  She was a "go getter" and she was an awesome mom.  When I found out about her death it caught me fully off guard. I didn't believe it.  I couldn't believe it.   I believe it was not expected by her family and friends.  She left two beautiful girls behind and the one thing I can be sure of- those girls will never stop hearing about how great their mom was and how she touched so many people's lives. 

Strange how LOSS always makes me re-evaluate my life, my being, my goals, dreams and really take a look at all the wasted time and energy I spend on things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I always find it sad that it takes LOSS to kick me in the rear and truly appreciate all I have.  LOSS hurts, its confusing, and really doesn't always make sense.  LOSS also makes me just want to hug my friends and family and tell them "you are not alone", "there is always another way", and "you are loved!".  This friend I LOST was all about giving to others.  She has given me more than she'll ever realize, as she has done for so many other people.

I will never forget her laughter, her jokes, her work ethic, her ability to keep up with my "chattyness" and her love for her girls.

Good night my friend- I wish you everlasting peace.

Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.- unknown author

No comments:

Post a Comment