Netgalley

Professional Reader

Monday, July 22, 2013

A great day!

Do you ever just have one of those days you'd like to bottle up and be able to open the bottle when you are having one of those tough days?

Today was a great day- I'm not writing this to brag or make my life inflated- I'm writing this to be a reminder and a looking back point when I'm doubting my skills as a mother and person.

So why was it so great...

I woke up had a yummy breakfast sitting with some of my favorite people in the world: my mom, dad daughter and son while looking out at the beautiful countryside of the Shenandoah valley and mountains. We then (son, daughter, and me) headed to the Wagon Wheel Ranch in Winchester, VA for a trail ride.

My daughter was ecstatic and enjoyed riding her own horse while being lead by Tabitha one of the trail guides. She looked so cute with her little riding helmet, skinny jeans, and pink cowgirl boots. Her horse Whiskey was a perfect match.

My son, I had been a little worried about because he is more apprehensive around animals let alone an adult size horse. He did great!

We rode for 90 minutes and there was no whining or complaining. We were smiling at the end. I'm ready to take lessons when we get back to iowa and I'm pretty sure daughter ready too- not sure who is going to foot that bill :).

Son went off to spend the rest of the afternoon golfing with my dad and daughter and my mom, Kate and I headed off for afternoon of shopping.

Shopping was fun. We all had some great buys, but none better then daughter's "school backpack".

Now finishing the night with everyone in the family room- some as you can see on hide-a-bed watching a great movie "The King and I". Perfect ending to a perfect day.

Really wish I could bottle it up!
-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment