Netgalley

Professional Reader

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Family so important

I am 36 1/2 years old and have been traveling to Virginia to see my father's family since I was born. I went two times a year until I was about a junior or senior in high school and then visited off and on over the years. I've been lucky to have all the memories (bad and good of my trips to Virginia).

I'm lucky my kids are good travelers and find "farm life" and vacationing in Winchester just as fun as I did growing up. On my last night in Winchester at this great Herd's Inn (single family log home) I feel teary eyed thinking that sooner or later this experience in my life will stop because times are changing, people are getting older and the reason to visit Winchester is not the same as it use to be.

On our last night here we had dinner with about 15 of my family members. We went to visit a second cousin of mine who lives in my great grandmother's house and I took a walk with my daughter for one last visit with kittens in the farm we are staying at-one in particular "Furry"- whom she'd take home in a minute if I had amnesia and forgot about our cat at home who has no love for other felines in her life.

I'm thankful that my dad grew up where he did and that he had us experience traveling to VA throughout my childhood and now adult life. I'm hoping my kids can look back at pictures from this trip and others and feel as happy as I do looking back at pictures from my childhood travels to VA.

The first picture is my sister, my grandparents and me sitting on my grandparent's porch swing at farm house. Love it!

Second is a picture from the family reunion I attended last Saturday. Oldest 90 ( my grandpa and youngest 6 months old).

Third picture my three cousins, minus my sister, the all girl grandchildren of my grandpa.
-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment