Netgalley

Professional Reader

Monday, January 6, 2014

Not this... More that

So this morning I started my 21 day detox. I spent Sat and Sun food prepping which makes this plan lots easier.

This morning I started off with a beet detox juice. I don't have a juicer but from my experience with past detox plan I've been able to use blender. This worked well as long as I cooked the majority of ingredients. I got out my Joy of cooking cookbook to learn how exactly to cook a beet, how to use ginger root ( you boil the beets with 1-2" of stalk on and the root bulb and when they become tender glove up and peel top layer and stalk off- gloves help you protect hands from getting stained, ginger you peel it and cut off what you need- a little goes a long way). I steamed the carrots, but didn't cook/steam celery or parsley. Put all of these together in the blender with a little water and Walah a smoothie- but after three straw sips I was done- I seriously thought I was going to vomit. So beets are not for me.

However, dinner a totally different story. Spaghetti squash with Ragu Tomato, Garlic, Onion flavored sauce with added ingredients of two green bell peppers, 3 cloves garlic diced up, sautéed and puréed and then added to sauce- seriously Yummy!

Beets in the trash. Three other servings of spaghetti squash and sauce for me to enjoy in the coming days. Here is to trying Beets- letting them go and finding Spaghetti Squash.

-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment