Netgalley

Professional Reader

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 2: 21 day detox...

I was pretty much dreading this week even before it got started.  At the end of week one I felt lethargic, low energy and like I could nap every day.  Now it didn't have day 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 into the 21 day detox, but day 6, and 7.  Day 8 I worked out and had a pretty crappy workout- 1 mile run on treadmill and my "get rid of the jig WO 1" .  I decided that day that I needed a rest day and so I did just that on Tuesday.  I also felt like I picked more items that I enjoyed this week to eat and I also did a little improvising- before workouts in the wee hours of morning I had a no sugar added apple sauce and 2 T almonds before heading to the gym.  That helped me energy during the workouts and I felt less like "barfing" at the end of the WO. 

Favorite eats/drinks of the week:
1.Potatoes Breakfast Scramble- Red potatoes quartered roasted with red onions, scrambled eggs, 1/4 avocado added at the end and borrowed some Tapatillo sauce for a kick
2. Mango Moonlight Smoothie- Don't normally like Mangos, but really liked this and so did youngest child
3. Banana Bread- Super moist, applesauce, pumpkin puree, bananas, whole wheat/flour mix, pecans- YUMMY!
4.Cauliflower Mac N Cheese- YUMMY- Double YUMMY!  Cook cauliflower for about 25 minutes and then put in food processor with cheddar cheese, mustard, salt/pepper and some water from your cauliflower pot- puree and make a yummy cheese sauce you then add to whole wheat elbow macaroni noodles and yellow squash that has been grated and stirred into noodles- mix and add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese to top and bake- AWESOME (another item youngest child liked)
5. Mini Turkey Meatloaves- ground turkey, red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, onion and quinoa- YUMMY plus even better with some Cookies Wing Sauce (love that stuff)


Didn't really HATE anything this week, but have come to the conclusion I don't enjoy orange sauce on my chicken or beef (you know the kind you sometimes get with Chinese stir fry dishes).  Had a great plate of carrots, onions, broccoli, chicken and quinoa tonight and it was ruined by the orange sauce I added. 

Things I didn't do well this week: Didn't abide by the Detox 100%- had a total of 5 adult beverages during the week- only suppose to have 2.  Added more caffeine then likely needed.  And discovered I really do a poor job of drinking H2O when at home- had to really push myself at the end of a "home day" to meet my H2O intake.

Workout wise:  Took a rest day off which I think was really helpful.  I ran 9 miles, spin miles 16, swam 1250 meters (about 0.7 miles) and did all but one of the added WO from the 21 day detox- left out Legs #2 WO.  I also had two days which I stretched for 10 minutes following my workouts and that was very enjoyable.  You always learn from training, etc, and I learned today that doing a "tri/arms WO" the day before you swim is not the smartest.  My arms were fatigued, but I did notice after about 500 meters they loosened up.  Was suppose to have swim evaluation on Thursday night, but instructor was sick, which ended up O.K. because oldest kido came down with Strep. 

Onto week #3- I'm looking forward to this week and kind of at a point where I need to figure out how I am going to continue this eating/training lifestyle, but not feel "bad/guilty" if I have added adult beverages or an occasional candy binge :).  I do think that planning what you are going to eat- really down to the "T" makes you accountable.  Plus if you spend money and time on prepping/preparing for your meals throughout the week you won't give up on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment