Netgalley

Professional Reader

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week one down... 14 days to go... no I'm not counting :)

Week one went pretty well with the 21 day detox.  I definitely eat much more healthy and better portion control when I have prepped, prepared, thoughtfully planned a week of eating.  Here are some random thoughts/musings from the week.

- I bought vegetables and cooked vegetables I had never personally cooked before (and some I had never eaten): Eggplant (pretty o.k.), Spaghetti Squash (one of my favorites from this week), Ginger Root (not overly impressed), and Beets (don't think I need to add any more disdain for this vegetable)

- Working out with 3 days of running, one swim, one bike and 6 workouts (roughly 20 minutes) of strength or specific muscle focus (abs, legs, arms, etc) has made me feel worn out

- I do a better job with drinking water when at work then when at home

- Had one light beer, and about 8 ounces of wine this weekend and survived :)

- Still haven't rid myself of feeling like eating bad/drinking "adult beverages" when "down n out" Why is emotional eating so darn tough

Favorite meals/Smoothies/Snacks of the week:
1- Spaghetti Squash with Tomato, Green Pepper, garlic, onion sauce
2- Roasted Tenderloin with Roasted Cauliflower, and Yellow Pepper, Pineapple, Red Onion, Golden Apple Sauteed mix for side
3- Apple/Pear Crumble (topping sounds gross, but was good- Flax Seed and Garbanzo beans pureed)
- Moonlight Mango Smoothie

Meals/Smoothies/Snacks I won't make again:
1- Ratatouille
2- Detox Beet Juice
3-Spinach Banzo Curry soup
4- Really any smoothie that doesn't have a minor sugar component from fruit I don't enjoy

Workouts were tough- I did my normal mileage for runs, swim, but adding on the extra workout you would have thought I was an Olympic athlete doing 3 a days.  Also started spin this week.  Felt good with the bike time. 

Did good with getting good sleep, but still took an 1 hour and 1/2 nap on Thursday- late morning- just felt totally done. 

Well onto week 2- hope I can do as well this week as I did last- you know how motivation/enthusiasm/etc decrease over time- I'm hoping to keep going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment