Netgalley

Professional Reader

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Restless

 
I think that is the word that has been bouncing around my head this week.  I've been "restless".  I'm not unhappy, depressed, angry, frustrated, just restless. I feel like I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be doing or even worse I have so many different "to do's" in my brain I'm not sure where to start/where to go. Of course many factors play into your feelings on daily basis: health, happiness, family, work, life. 

My life is really good and I try and recognize that daily, but it is those little hiccups that make me feel "restless"- being sick last week when I was suppose to work, be a "great mom, and start training schedule did a number on my psyche, but a week later and working, being an "OK" mom, and  two runs and one great 50 minutes of spin in and I feel less "restless" about the training. 

I'm currently reading "Happier Home" by Gretchen Rubin who wrote the "Happiness Project" which I read last year and really enjoyed.  She has some "splendid truths" that she discovered during her "happiness project" and one I particularly love "The days are long, but the years are short".  This is oh so true.  Another great personal commandment she has is "Act the way I want to feel".  So if I don't want to feel "restless" and instead feel a serenity (o.k. that may be asking for too much), maybe just wanting to feel "peace" then I have to act that way. 

So start "acting" the way I want to feel, yes it might be like faking it, but I think it will rub off.  As I tell my kids "turn that frown upside down".  Now I totally realize that the weather is not helping me out as I trekked to spin this morning and just couldn't believe how cold it was- wind biting, snot freezing, couldn't get the car warm in the 10 minutes it took me to leave the garage and get to the gym.  What are you going to do though- accept it- that's what.  We can't change the weather (well actually personally and community/world wide we could if we started getting our act together with environmental changes).  So again I need to be ever thankful of the warm home, the warm clothes and food I can fuel and warm my body.

Here's to some peace instead of restlessness in the upcoming days. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment