Netgalley

Professional Reader

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Training week 14

Tuesday 5 mile early morning at a 10:30 pace (52 min)
Thursday 8 mile mid morning at a 10:15 pace (1 hr 22 min)
Saturday early morning 12 miles at a 10:16 pace (2 hr 3 min)
Sunday early afternoon 5.12 miles at a 9:44 pace (49 min 55 sec)

So these are just numbers right?  I ran a little over 30 miles this week and 3 of the 4 runs I thought I was running pretty fast.  However, I wasn't running as fast as I thought I was during 2 of them.  The question- Why do I think I'm  running fast, but I'm not running faster? I have been trying to check my watch during the runs this week and quite a few times my pace was below 10 min mile so I started thinking "Am I checking my watch only when I think I'm going fast?"- Maybe, but I really don't want to be a clock watcher so now what...

Does it really matter?  No really does it really matter if I'm running 10:30 pace or 9:44 pace.  At the end of my life probably not.  Does giving my all matter?  ABSOLUTELY!  So I carry on with my training with little less than a month left before Chicago.  I will try and run fast when I can and likely will continue to be who I am- which looks like a 10:15 pace runner.

Upcoming- this week is a big one.  Only 3 runs this week due to one being a 20 miler.  I'm still having some muscle soreness in my butt muscles ( I know TMI) along with tight hamstrings so will plan to make it a priority to be stretching on those days I'm not running and also getting some pool time in to work some of my other muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment