Netgalley

Professional Reader

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Training week 15

Able to post this week a little early.  I'm only doing three days of running this week due to the long run.  I did get a swim in and a spin at the gym too.  Here is the recap.  33 miles of running total

Tuesday woke up and ran with my head lamp for the first time.  Thanks to the coach.  It was dark, but not too cold.  I had a good 5 miler.

Wednesday night I did a 30 minute spin at the gym while my son was at soccer.  His practice was next to the gym so it worked out perfectly for me to bring my daughter with me to the gym and let her eat her dinner while I rode on the bike.  She did pretty good.  I did get a "look" from one older lady when she left.  It was one of those "great another kid being babysat by a Iphone while her mom is selfish and is working out" looks.  No really- I only had about 10 more minutes left on bike and daughter was done with her dinner and was ready to leave.  So I bribed her with the Iphone.  You know what my daughter likes to do with my IPhone- no crazy birds, or zombie games, but instead loves looking at my photos from the phone.  It can entertain her for quite awhile- 10 minutes minimum :).  I just smiled at the "old grumpy lady".

Thursday- read "hamster wheel" posts from earlier in the week for details- short story- it was raining so ran 8 miles on the treadmill.

Saturday, today, ran my 20 miler.  I'm again a little disappointed in my time 3:30- wanted closer to 3:15 or 3:20, but am happy that I finished the second half strong.  I listened to another book on tape/E audio from the library- "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs.  I really am amazed at how I've fallen into friending audio books this training season.  I've always found it hard to stay focused on the stories when listening to audio books, but with running this training season it has been different.  I was pretty amazed at how fast the 20 miler went by and that is thanks to my friend "Eaudiobook"

Another great week- I stretched and foam rolled a lot more than I have in the past and I think it helped with my sore muscle issues.  Now I taper- only 3 weeks until the marathon.  This was the first week I kind of was missing my adult beverages and chewy candy and so wanted to make peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies- guess it is a good thing I'm tapering.

No comments:

Post a Comment