Netgalley

Professional Reader

Friday, November 11, 2011

Book 3

Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
Is the 3rd book in my marathon of books reading. I read her first book The Historian and loved it. This book was different but amazing in it's own way. It is a mystery, love story, and art history tied into 561 pages. This book proves my "just because a book is long doesn't mean it will take long to read" theory.

I am amazed at the beautiful words in this story and her writing and way in which her details paint such a clear picture of what is happening. She really brought the story to life.

This story also reminded me of what little I know about art. The art style focused on in this book was Impressionism: Monet, Manet, etc. I am a huge fan of this period of art work. However, she talked about artists I didn't know about and women artist from that period. It makes me want to go and visit the art institute in Chicago and really look at art differently, more purposefully.

This book was quite enjoyable and I'm so glad I read it.

-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment