Netgalley

Professional Reader

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chatty's Fav Christmas Movies

Merry Christmas: Tonight the kids and I went and visited with Santa.  Kate stuck to her "Yoda Back Pack and Pillow Pet" request to Santa and Mason said "I don't know" which Santa preceded to say "life must be good".  Yep- life is pretty good Santa.  So Hubby is playing cards tonight with the guys so while I wrapped some presents I decided to pop in "Holiday Inn".  It got me thinking that I should share my favorite holiday movies. 
 In no particular order:
1. The Holiday- great movie with stellar actors/actresses: Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law.  Great soundtrack!
2. Meet Me In St. Louis- Judy Garland singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with Margaret O'Brien brings tears to my eyes every time.  Another Great Soundtrack!
3. The Family Stone- A great take on "family" at Christmas and it is funny, yet dark comedy.  I know, I know, but I can't help it... great soundtrack!  Actually my favorite is the juke box scene in the bar with Sarah Jessica Parker and Luke Wilson- Sarah Jessica Parker is rocking out to Maxine Nightingale's "Get Right Back Where We Started From"... and it's alright and it's coming on we gotta get back right where we started from.
4. Holiday Inn- Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire- I prefer the black in white version.  Did you know this is the first movie Bing Crosby sang "White Christmas" in- not "White Christmas"- I just love the look of the Inn- I would love to go to a "Holiday Inn" for New Year's one year- would need to find this Inn first, dance and listen to live music with good food and drink. 
5. White Christmas- even though this isn't the original "White Christmas" song movie it still has a powerful cast and great soundtrack. 
6. Love Actually- don't think I need to say more than that.
7. Home Alone- I love the funny parts, but also think this movie has a great meaning of Christmas.  I love the part where he sets up the motorized objects in the window to make it look like he  is having a party.
8. It's A Wonderful Life- another movie that has a great meaning and is a good reminder to all of us how precious and enjoyable life should be. 
9. The Bishop's Wife- Carry Grant stars as an angel trying to help a bishop and his wife.  Great skating scene. 
10. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas- Jim Carey version- music, set, and costume/makeup is amazing. 
11. Christmas Carol- Disney version- Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto- enjoy the simplicity of Dickens told through Disney's eyes. 
12. Polar Express- the animation is amazing, meaningful story, and soundtrack is icing on the cake- my kids love "Hot Chocolate"!

Well I probably could go on, on, on, but will leave you with below picture of the kids.  Christmas is Magical!  Hope you get to experience a great Christmas movie this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment