Netgalley

Professional Reader

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Everygirl's Guide to Life

So I'm taking a break from John Adams for the week between Christmas and New Year's. I picked this book up at the library before our holiday's travel started. I don't know this lady, but I enjoyed her book. It was an easy read which I've needed. Although parts of the book were a little less helpful or applicable to my life (style, makeup and hair) others were more relavent (home organization, health, food, workout, friends and family). Here are some of my favorite parts of the book:

We must be open to what is possible in every area of our lives. Maybe it is possible to do all things you want and need to do with limited time and money. Maybe it is possible to change old habits. Maybe it is possible to learn new ways of doing things. Maybe it is possible to just live better, period.

Disorganization inhibits happiness and increases stress and chance for failure.

Stack And Attack
Designating one day a week (the same day every week) to do all chores and errands.

New Year Plan for myself:
Write out all of my goals for career, life as well as events/activities.

A good friend to me is:
-someone who is there for you when you need him or her
- someone who is a good listener
- someone who will defend you in tough times and yet has the courage to stand up to you and be honest
- someone who inspired you and helps make you a better person
- someone who wants to see you succeed
- someone who is respectful

Here are some books she also referenced in the book:
Letters to a Young Poet
The Nine Rooms Of Happiness
Domino: the Book Of Decorating
Use What You Have Decorating
The Find: the Works Books of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects and Vintage Details

Again easy read and introduced me to a Hollywood gal that seems pretty down to earth- refreshing read.

-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment