Netgalley

Professional Reader

Saturday, July 7, 2012

A week of no TV, IPad, or Screen time...

That is what my family and I are embarking on starting tomorrow.  We have decided that we will not partake in any watching TV, Wii, blogging/internet (not work related), IPad games, etc for this next week.  I've always wanted to do this, actually I wanted to try a whole month.  However, now that the week is upon us- starting tomorrow- I'm a little nervous about it.  I know it may sound silly, but I like my down time, I like to be able to have the kids watch a show while I make dinner when we get home from a day at the office/daycare/summer camp.  What will I do instead- will the kids be crabby- will that make me crabby?

Let alone the withdrawal I'll have from my blogging network.  I enjoy looking at blogs as another relaxation tool.  I also enjoying doing my posts- it is a form of creativity for me and it helps me stay focused on my goals/training, etc.  Will I still have that focus knowing that no one is expecting me to post my week's trials and tribulations with training, etc.  I know I will survive and 7 days from tomorrow the computer, Wii, IPad, and TV will all still be there.

So I'm making this my last post for a week- that means I will be behind on two Mommy's Project subjects, and need to catch up on training schedule, etc, but maybe, just maybe this week will let me be a little more at peace and removed from the craziness I bring into my life via these technologies.


I am looking forward to filling my "screen time" with books, books, and more books.  I stocked up at the library on Thursday- it was fun.  My kids will be just fine.   I will be fine too.  So "adios amigos" see you in a week!

P.S.  Sorry to inundate you with so many posts back to back, but I had a bunch I wanted to get out before the week mentioned above started.  Read what you want, maybe save some for this coming week- just in case you miss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment