Netgalley

Professional Reader

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Reading review

Wow-looking back at the list of posts on reading made me realize I have read a lot this past year.  Looking back also made me realize all the type-o's and pictures of books that didn't go through on the posts.  So here is a brief list of all the books I posted on this past 2011.  Hopefully no type o's this time.  I'll give a Yes or No after books to let you know whether I liked it or not.  Also * by those that need more said about them.

First off- here is a list of the books I've read for book club 2011 (some I posted on and some I didn't):
1. January 2011- Little Bee by Crhis Cleave- Yes
2. February 2011- Season of Life by Jeffrey Marx- No
3. March 2011- Why my third Husband will be a dog by Lisa Scottorline- No
4. April 2011- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese- Yes * one of my fav 2011 book club reads
5. May 2011- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote- yes
6. June 2011- Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca  Skloot- Yes
7. July 2011- Unbroken by Laura Hildebrand- No
8. August 2011- Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood- No
9. September 2011- Year in Provence by Peter Mayle- Yes
10. October 2011- The Year we Left Home by Jean Thompson- No
11. December 2011- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris- Yes

Here are other books I posted on this past year:
1. I Remeber Nothing by Nora Ephron- Yes
2. Family Baggage by Monica Mc Inerney- Yes
3. Poser My Life in 23 Poses by Claire Dedere- Yes * One of my favorites from 2011
4.Run Like  a Mother by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea- Yes * must have/read for mother runners everywhere
5. 3 Tales of My Father's Dragon by Ruth Stiles Garnett- Yes * One of my favorite reads with Mason 2011
6. Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin- Yes * feel like I need to read this one over and over to have the changes to "happiness" sink in
7. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss- Yes
8. The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova- Yes
9. Tostoy and the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch- Yes * made me dream of reading a "book a day"
10. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck- No * East of Eden is much better
11. 15 Minutes Outside- by Rebecca Cohen- Yes
12. Take the Time: mindfulness for Kids by Maud Roegiers- Yes * On my "to buy" list
13. 128 hours by Laura Vanderkam- Yes * another one I could review a few more times to help make my life more efficient
14. The Tale of Hilltop Farm by Susan Wittig Albert- yes
15. Day of Reading - so many books the kids and I read this day- refer to this post on Friday July 22nd 2011 to see the whole list

It has been a great year of reading.  My list for 2012 is already pretty long, but I hope to continue reading more and more and enjoying my reading hours throughout 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment