Netgalley

Professional Reader

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mommy's project 52: playing

So I had this grand idea that I was going to wait until this weekend to do my mommy's project post on a fun/play Chicago filled weekend for the cousins but as I should know by now I need to lower my expectations.

I found play to be most genuine actually when back at the grandparent's house after our chicago trip They both were doing such simple things- Kate is cutting apart last year's valentines cards that grandma had stashed away for moments just like this. She was sharing this moment with me while I did my run on the treadmill. Mason found daddy's old matchbox cars and lined them up and played "cars" while Giants vs. Packers were on. Seeing them play so simply was beautiful.

The weekend was good, with a few moments of non-fun, but we still had fun and listening to Mason talk about art and light up seeing picasso's bedroom print, American gothic by grant wood, and Sunday in the park by seraut was like play for me. I love the Art Institute of Chicago and my "reunion" with the museum was good play for me. It reinvigorated my love and interest in art. I look forward to returning someday soon and doing the audio guide tour. Here are some pics of kids at play.
If you haven't been to Art institute ever or recently go back or go and share it with someone you love, maybe even your kids :).
-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment