Netgalley

Professional Reader

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mommy's project 52: singing

Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad
Sing of happy not sad.

Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing,sing a song...


Carpenters ( but I always thought it was a sesame street original)

Yep that makes me want to sing. I feel like singing is one thing that added to one's everyday life could make life better- kind of like yoga. Singing makes you feel young and happy. I have sung a lot throughout life. I started at an early age singing to records my mom would play. My favorite songs growing up we're songs from musicals- go figure. I remember trying to imitate little orphan Annie when she sang "the Sun will come out tomorrow". My sister and I liked to sing together and our two big debuts were when we sang Amy grant's "My Father's Eyes" at church. We also did a singing camp at local community college when we were growing up and sang a duet together of Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All"- not that it is a duet.

These days I don't feel like I sing as much as I use to do. However, I sometimes will sing along with a tune on the iPod while running. Mumford & Sons, Taio Cruz, Dixie Chicks- whatever has me going during my run. I feel like my kids like to sing but they don't sing as much as I did as a kid- maybe if I start singing more they will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment